Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

Hello, Friends!  Happy New Year!  Do you have a card style that you really struggle with?  For me, it's the Clean and Simple (CAS) card that gives me the most trouble.  I recently needed to make a birthday card for our dear daughter who loves clean lines, modern design and no frills, thank you very much.  But can you use ribbon on a CAS card?  Yes.  Yes you can.


Our daughter loves to explore new places, so this retired Travel Girl paper from October Afternoon was "just the ticket" for her birthday gift card.  I did my level best to keep my layers and embellishments to a minimum.  I chose papers with fresh, modern colors and graphics.  Over all, I think the card looks pretty clean and simple. 



But it just didn't look finished to me without ribbon.  To keep the bow cluster in line with my CAS design, I chose to work with Topaz Delicate Stitched Satin and Metal Gray Mini Swiss Dot Satin Ribbons.  See how perfectly they match the polka dot paper layer? That made my heart happy!  Of course I used my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool to create the bow cluster.  How could I craft without it?


Inside the card I added a little note along with some gift cards for her to use on her travels.  This was a quick and easy card to make, and I might just try my hand at a few more of these simpler card designs.

Wishing you lots of time to create in 2018!
Cheerio,
kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say