Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wooden Deer Hanging

Hey there, ribbon fans! :)  I have a different kind of altered project to share with all of you today. Back in January, some friends invited my husband & I to their cabin in the woods of Pennsylvania for a weekend getaway.  We had such a lovely time, walking in the snow and watching the deer come right up to the house.

As we were putting wood into the stove one evening, I saw this cute little piece that I knew would make 'something' special one day and asked if I could have it.  Our friend handed it right over.

I decided it would be the perfect 'thank you' gift for our friends when a few little do-dads were added here and there.  Really Reasonable Ribbon to the rescue!  Here is that piece of wood, all gussied up and pretty-fied!
The deer image was Mod Podged to the base, topped with a small piece of 2 1/2" plain cotton ribbon, die cuts added, and then decorated with Wild Orchid Crafts mulberry open roses & Chrysanthemums.  The same cotton ribbon was used as a hanging loop and tied with hand dyed silk.

Try something new and make an altered project!  It's so much fun! :)  Be sure to enter our current challenge, too!

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful card. Love the deer on your card with the beautiful bow and flowers. We have elk in our fields right next to our house which is a big No No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just beautiful and I know your friend will love it. :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say